18th December 2015 alfie

Region One Dec 18th Dec 2016

REGION ONE
MINUTES OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
HELD AT ROOM 21, STOCKTON ON SUNDAY 18th DECEMBER 2016

 

PRESENT:

George Harwood – Chair
Anne Louise Arkle – Cleveland
Lenny Edmondson – East Yorkshire
Jan Purdy – East Yorkshire
Alfie Powley – Northumberland
John Nelson – Treasurer and Acting Regional Director


INTRODUCTION
: 

George Harwood (GH) opened the meeting and thanked everyone for coming. GH went on to talk about how he was here to help and support our region and put a structure back in place.

1.MINUTES

John Nelson (JN) said the last minutes were never produced by the last RD.  It was proposed by GH and agreed by everyone that in future all minutes should be submitted within 14 days of the meeting. It was also agreed that Alfie Powley (AP) will take the minutes for this meeting and the one on 26th February 2017.

2. FUTURE REGION ONE MEETINGS 

 It was proposed by GH and agreed by everyone that the next Regional meetings would take place at Cleveland Room 21, Stockton, commencing at 12 Noon and ending at 15.00 on the following dates:

  •  26th February 2017
  • 23rd April 2017

It was proposed by Northumberland and seconded by East Yorkshire that Cleveland should be the venue for all regional meetings, due to its central location. This will help reduce the travel for both Northumberland and North and East Yorkshire.  Each County must send at least one representative to the meeting and any County failing to send a representative will be fined £50.  The venue, times and fines were agreed. JN will e-mail all committee members and county reps 2 weeks before the meeting to confirm attendances. AP will put the information regarding the regional meetings on the website.

3. THE WAY FORWARD FOR REGION ONE 

GH talked about promoting Region One and the new website www.regiononepool.co.uk will be key in achieving this. GH said all Counties should contact the local leagues to obtain the names of Committee members to arrange a meeting to discuss the intention to start Inter-League Teams. GH said it would be instrumental in setting the foundations for Region One, as this format has been very successful for other regions around the country.  At least 5 teams would be required, consisting of 9 players per team, playing two sets of 9 frames.

GH said if Region One were starting an inter-league the EPA would consider allowing us to have 7 players per team. The two top teams would qualify for the finals at Great Yarmouth.

GH handed out forms and details on how County players could win a place at the European 8 Ball Championships in Blackpool taking place 12th to 17th February 2017. Counties agreed to hand forms back at their venues. It was also mentioned that as the competition was taking place during the week it would be too expensive for players to attend the event. GH explained the competition starts on the Sunday, with the first and second rounds being played, and the third on the Monday. If players got through the third round, they would be in the money.

GH is also planning a competition with prize money worth £10,000 for Regions One and Two only. GH is looking for a caravan site for the venue with accommodation at £50 per person. Hopefully, sponsorship could be agreed the caravan sites to help run the event in early 2018.

4. FINANCE/TREASURER’S REPORT

The Treasurer give details of Region One’s accounts, and went on to explain the accounts in detail and answer any questions posed by County Reps and GH.

5. REGION ONE-COMMITTEE MEMBERS 

A discussion took place with regard to the current structure of the Region One Committee members. It was agreed and voted by everyone that John Nelson would hold the two positions of Regional Treasurer and Director. Further committee will be elected at next region meeting.

6. COMMUNICATIONS 

GH handed out a document and requested that each County would enter their own and venue contact details. This will be typed up and shared with each County.  AP will put venue details on the website.

7. TOTE TICKETS 

It was proposed by Cleveland, seconded by East Yorkshire and agreed by everyone present that each County would sell tote tickets, which would help support the region and the registration fees paid to the EPA. Each County would sell 44 tickets at £2 each over the eight home fixtures throughout 2017. As North Yorkshire only has a ladies team it was agreed they would need to sell 24 tickets.

8. PLAYERS SCORING SYSTEM 

In the new proposed fixtures for 2017 county A&B team will be playing against each other. Cleveland talked about the points difference between the A (3 points) and B (2 Points) teams players. They asked why B team players should play against A team players, which would make it very difficult for them to score points. A team players playing B team players would make it easier for them to score points and suggested this was unfair. Cleveland suggested each player should receive 2 points when A and B players are playing against each other. This was discussed in some detail and it was agreed that the current points system be kept for one year.

9. COUNTY FIXTURES FOR 2017 

Fixtures were presented and discussed and some small amendments were needed; GH to confirm fixtures and send to JN within 7 days.

10. PLAYERS REQUESTING RETURN TO EPA

Cleveland asked if there was a form or letter for players to complete who were wishing to come back to the EPA from Blackball. It was agreed that GH, in agreement with the EPA, will draft a letter (template) for players to complete and submit to the EPA. GH to send to AP to upload to the website. This would hopefully make the process of transferring from one organisation to another as smooth as possible.

11. CONSTITUTION

It was agreed that John Nelson would contact Pam McIvor to request a copy of Region One’s Constitution.

12. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

None

There being no further business, the AGM was closed at 2.45 pm

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *